Projects: Minecraft Server, Spleef
Type: Full Day
Lunch: Pack lunch is required. Except for Friday will be provided.
Description: Campers will create their own Minecraft server and push their creativity to the limit by designing multi-player mini-games like Spleef for their friends to play. The goal is to have students understand how to build a server, develop a mini-game, and create their own Minecraft world. Every student will storyboard and present their project at the end of the week and receive a T-shirt and pizza for lunch on the last day of camp!
- Day 1 - Icebreaker and 'hello world' activities
- Day 2 - Storyboading, begin construction spleef arena
- Day 3 - Continue PvP arena, add commands
- Day 4 - Finish PvP arena, connect to other users' servers
- Day 5 - Presenting final project
Requirement: Laptop & Minecraft PC/Mac Account & Minecraft Maniacs Camp Completion
- Microsoft Windows 7/8/10, Mac OS X or Linux, with a 1GHz processor or better
- At least 512 MB of RAM.
- A web browser such as Internet Explorer version 9.0 or higher, Firefox 10.0 or higher, Safari 4.0 or higher, or Google Chrome 14.0 or higher.
- The latest flash player installed on your computer. You can check your version and download the latest one for free at Adobe Flash Player website.
- Also a screen resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels or higher is recommended to make it easier to work