Projects: Hello World, Frogger
Type: Full Day
Lunch: Pack lunch is required.
Description: Campers will code using Scratch visual programming language to design a game like Frogger. The goal is to introduce students to more advanced programming concepts, design more complex games, and implement coding logic. This is a great starting point for older children with little or no prior experience. Every student will storyboard and present their game at the end of the week!
- Day 1 - Icebreakers and 'hello world' activities
- Day 2 - Storyboard and begin coding custom game
- Day 3 - Complete and debug custom game
- Day 4 - Changing aspects of custom game
- Day 5 - Presenting final game
Requirement: Laptop (PC/Mac)
- Running Scratch 2.0 requires a relatively new web browser: Google Chrome 35 or later, Mozilla Firefox 31 or later, Internet Explorer 9 or later, or Microsoft Edge. You also need Adobe Flash Player 10.2 or later installed (which is only available on Windows 2000 or later or Mac OS X 10.4 or later). Scratch is designed for screens with a size of 1024 x 768 or larger. Scratch 2.0 can only run on Windows, Mac and some versions of Linux.