CLASS SIZE: 4
DURATION: 1/2 HOUR
This class is for children between 4 and 12 years of age. Pre-requisite: Children must be able to pay attention for 30 min. at a time. Swimmers will learn a correct body position and breathing for efficient swimming and focus on comfort level and skills to increase water safety.
Successful completion of Level 1 requires:
- Put face in water and blow bubbles
- Bobbing under water 5 times with rhythmic breathing
- Safely enter/exit the pool independently
- Jump into water (with or without instructor)
- Independent horizontal straight leg flutter kick on front.
- Independent horizontal straight leg flutter kick on back.
- Instructor supported front float (hold for 10 seconds).
- Instructor supported back float (hold for 10 seconds).
- Streamline positioning.