OK! Here is where the architecture begins. The foundation was laid as a Freshman, so we are going to take all of the knowledge and experience from those skills and lead up drills to begin building new skills from them. The muscle memory and strength that has been developed, causes the students confidence to rise in their ability to do more difficult skills. We want students to progress, being successful feels great!
60 minute classes means:
- 10 minutes stretch/warm up (to prepare the body for what’s about to happen!)
- 3- 15 minute event rotations (where it gets real!)
- 5 minutes challenge/game (for the kids to show off or have fun!)
3- 15 minute event rotations:
- Jumps/Twist combos: T,S,P, ½ twist, Full twist, 1 ½ twists
- Drops: Seat+Doggie (hands/knees)+Front roll, Seat+Seat+Back+Feet, Stomach Drop (from feet)
- Routines: Combined Jump/Twist combos, with Drops.
- Independent: Back Handsprings, Front Handsprings, Tic-Tocs
- Spotted: Handstand snap down Back Handspring, Roundoff Back Handspring, 3 Bounce Back (Tuck), 3 bounce Front (Tuck)
- Jump/Twist combos: example= (tuck jump/full twist/straddle jump/ ½ twist/pike jump/full twist.)
- Independent: Handstand snap down rebound, Roundoff rebound, 2 step Dive Roll, Handstand bounce Handstand
- Spotted: Back Handspring, Front Handspring, Handstand Back Handspring, Roundoff Back Handspring, 3 bounce Front (Tuck)
- *Front Walkover
- *Back Bend Kick over
- Back Walkover
- Handstand Front Roll
- Back Extension Roll
- Round off rebound
- Back Handspring (spotted)
- Front Handspring (spotted)
- Handstand Fall Flat
- Dive Rolls
Speed/Power of skills= students ability to perform safely.
The skills on this list are not the only skills they will be working on. Some skills have different drills that will help develop the strength and technique they need to be successful.
5 minute Challenge/Game
This time allows students to show off new skills, have fun playing games, or compete in different challenges.
When the student has mastered all of the listed skills, they will be transferred into a Junior class. I hope this helps clear up some questions about what we are doing. Please, feel free to contact us with any questions or comments.
Cost: Class Registration is $45 and tuition is $75 a month. 10% Discount available for more than one child in the program or enrollment in more than one class.