Level 2 is our intermediate level gymnastics class for children ages 6 and up. Each week children participate in a warm-up and visit each piece of equipment - bars, beam, floor, and vault. Skills worked at this level include: round offs, cartwheels, kickovers, controlled handstands, pullovers on bars, round off dismounts off beam, and handstand flatbacks.
Skills to be mastered prior to moving to Level 2 are as follows:
- pike forward roll to v-sit
- back roll to tent
- bridge kickover off of two mats
- round off from panel mat
- 3/4 handstand
- board landing, straight jump onto 2-8"mats
- casts with hips leaving bars with straight body
- chin up hold for 3 counts
- forward roll dismount
- walks and balances on high beam without fear
The first eight weeks of the session the focus is on learning skills. The remainder of the session children continue working to master these skills while incorporating them into routines to be performed the last week of the session during our Fun Meet Week.