Students move confidently in deep water, perform sculling, continue to improve stroke technique, refine details of breathing and arms actions of front crawl and backstroke. Learn kicks and arms coordination in breaststroke and butterfly. Begin to develop starts and turns.
The Mercedes Club
(550 W 54th St, btw 10th & 11th Ave NY, NY 10019)
Temperature: 82 degrees
How to Enter: Enter through the main entrance at 550 W 54th St (between 10th Ave and 11th Ave) and take the stairs or the elevator to the Health Club level. The pool is accessible through the locker rooms. Seating for caretakers and families is available on the pool deck.
- Use of the Locker Rooms is for Members & Residents of the Mercedes Club only, families may use the unisex family bathroom in the lounge area.
- All Physique Swimming participants must use the on-deck changing facilities and provide their own towels.
- Please arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before your class time.
- Strollers and street shoes are prohibited on the pool deck.
- No food or drink is permitted in the pool area.
- Swimmers who are not fully toilet trained are required to wear a swim diaper in addition to a bathing suit. Swimmers without these items will not be allowed to participate.
- Changing of diapers must be done away from the pool area, and all diapers must be disposed of properly.
- Swimming caps must be worn by all swimmers.
- M11 to 53rd St/10th Ave
- M12 to 54th St/11th Ave
- A, C, B, D to 59th St - Columbus Circle
- N, Q, R to 57th St/7th Ave
- C, E to 50th St