Swimfinity Swimming Academy along with Emmanuel Lanzo (USA Swimming National Team Coach and Ridgefield Aquatic Club Head Coach/CEO) provide competitive swimmers with the opportunity to improve their pursuit of excellence both in and out of the pool. Our goal is to create an atmosphere where swimmers are excited to learn about all areas of competitive swimming: including breakdown of all four competitive strokes, drills, turns as well as goal setting. Each camp will be broken into two separate age groups, 10 and under and 11+. We strive to help swimmers improve their swimming as well as help boost their love of the sport!
Coach Emmanuel has been coaching swimming since 1997 and he has been Ridgefield Aquatic Club’s Head Coach for the past 7 years. In 2019, RAC finished 3rd overall at the CT Senior Championship and 4th overall at the CT Age Group Championship. He's been named Coach of Excellence by the American Swim Coaches Association four years in a row! Read more about Coach Emmanuel below.
Each clinic will be split into two age groups
11 and Up - 2:00pm-2:45pm
10 and Under - 2:45pm-3:30pm
Freestyle and Backstroke Technique
Turns and Finishes
Fundamentals of Fast Swimming
10U Technique and Drill Work, 11+ IM Clinic
From 2015- 2019 Coach Emmanuel and his team have had a multitude of accomplishments.
• RAC finished 3rd overall at the 2019 CT Senior Championship and 4th overall at the CT Age Group Championship. Two swimmers achieved the Olympic Trial cut under his training; James Huang (100fly, 200fly) and Connor Hunt (800fr), and two swimmers made the Winter Junior National cut; Shayne Simmons (200br) and Hannah Seward (100fly).
• His team took 2nd place at the Connecticut Senior and Age Group Championships.
• He was Head Coach of the USA Swimming Diversity Camp at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado.
• Two if his teams swimmers achieved the World Top 100 list, and three swimmers (Kieran Smith, AJ Bornstein and Connor Hunt) represent the USA in three different International venues.
• He brought two swimmers to Phillip 66 Nationals and seven swimmers to the Speedo Futures Championship, helping the boys finishing in second place.
• Emmanuel was part of the 2017 USA National Junior Team Staff for the FINA Junior Worlds Championship.
• Three of RACs swimmers went to the Olympic Trials in Omaha, and four to Summer Junior Nationals, where two of his swimmers set new CT resident records, placing them both 3rd in the US for 16-year-old boys, and another swimmer taking home two seventh-place records, placing them 11th and 12th in the US for 16 year old girls.
Coach Emmanuel Lanzo completed his Bachelor's Degree in Physical Education at the University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras Campus and his Master's Degree in Physical Education with Specialization in Sport Coaching at the University of Turabo. Also, Emmanuel is an ASCA Level 4 Swimming Coach and Certified Stroke Technician, International Olympic Committee Level 2 Swimming Coach, AAALF Adapted Aquatics Instructor, ATI-CPT, TRX Certified Group Trainer and Cross-train Group Trainer at Results Ridgefield and Ridgefield Parks and Recreation. He is the founder and CEO of the non-profit ToxiKHeaD brand, which provides personal training for elite athletes in Puerto Rico and USA.
As a coach, his philosophy is to be able to effectively teach, both fundamental and advanced skills, with a holistic approach, helping each swimmer to achieve their planned goals while having fun! His greatest wish is to guide, empower, and inspire every child to realize and develop their potential daily. Also, to encourage every family to achieve greatness in life and develop high values in our Community.